Why the evening, you ask? Well, if you take the photos in the sunshine, it can often drain the colour out of the flowers, overwhelming them with bright sunshine. Also when you have bright light, you also have deep shadow. When taking photos, always look at the effect the shadows are having on your photo. They can make it or break it.
This is why I go out with my camera after the bright sun has gone yet there is still plenty of light around.
What can you do with your photos?
- I love making photographic collages. I use these on my Facebook page and in my websites.
- You can print them and use then to make a record of your garden in a diary.
- You can get them printed, frame them and have your own artwork on the walls.
- You can use them in a header for a website or for your Facebook.
- You can have them printed on a bag and use it when going shopping.
- You can make your own cards with the best of your flower photos.
I also use the photos from my garden to use for motivational projects. A good free program to use is www.picmonkey.com . Insert your photos and see what you can do with them.